On December 20th, 2018, LIFE PRIMED project was presented to the public during a press conference held at the Botanical Garden of Rome. This public presentation meeting to the media was enriched by the presence not only of the management boards of the different project partners, but also by the Councillor for Agriculture, Promotion of the Food Chain and Culture, Environment and Natural Resources, of Lazio Region, Mrs. Enrica Onorati, as well as the President of the Regional Directorate Natural Capital, Parks and Protected Areas, of the Lazio Region, Mr. Vito Consoli.
The press conference was successful in having a large participation of most of the Italian project's supporters, journalists, academics, institutions, NGOs’ representatives and general public. It was the occasion to present the objectives of the project and the plan of the conservation activities. A specific focus was given to the participation of the users to the project’s activities, with the request to collect comments and inputs through a final round table. During this session, it was opened an active discussion channel with all different stakeholders, not only at local level but also at national and cross-bordering level in order to ensure the extendibility and the replicability of the developed concepts and methodologies after the project’s end.
Outcomes of the event:
- 40 journalists attended the press conference
- 91 among other participants, including general public, academics, institutions and NGOs’ representatives
- 18 online newspaper releases (full list here)
- 20 stakeholders participating in the two roundtables
- 100 USB keys (made of certified wood) containing all the relevant project documents (summary, press release, pictures of the area, etc.) delivered to the participants
Press release (in Italian language)